Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:09:14 -0600
From: jfoug <jfoug@...nwall.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Azure AD password sync, and needing PBKDF2 in
 dynamic modes

On 10/21/2015 11:40 AM, magnum wrote:
> I see Dhiru opened a ticket for it, up for grabs. I'm currently
> concentrating on OpenCL/mask core and shared stuff.
>
> magnum

There now is a OMP-CPU version in the bleeding jumbo branch.

It runs at right at 1/126 the speed of raw-sha256, where we would expect
a 1/200 speed (200x the amount of sha256's), so the format appears to be
running pretty smoothly.

It was written with 'common' code, to help keep the CPU and future GPU
versions working with same test strings, and same valid() functions, etc.

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper

Jim.