Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:40:54 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Johnny v2.0 released!

Hey Don,

I'm french too ah ah :) I'm happy that you like v2.0. If you prefer to give
me your feedback in french, email me personnaly at my gmail address :)

1/ Once i load my hash list, how i can delete / remove the list for the
> password area ? the only way i find is to quit the app & re_launch, because
> any del Button do not make the job.

Are you talking about the table with columns
user/password/hash/formats/gecos and multiple rows ? If you want to open
another file, you can use the button to open a new password file and it'll
replace the old list with the new hash list. However, if you simply want to
clear the table, I can add a "close" button to clear the table and stop the
current attack. It'd be really simple for me.

2/ Concern the Wordlist tab, near the "RULES" i haven't any area to type
> the name i want to run with this option ( --rules=myrules ), maybe another
> way to select the rules i want to run ?

Nice find, I'll add one text area to select rules for wordlist mode.

3/ Concern incremental mode / tab = I make a custome charset who be build
> with my big John.pot, i name it "allnumspace2" the size of the carset file
> ( .chr ) is 4,3 Mo, maybe is to big to be loaded by johnny ? i try other
> charset ( customs one's ) that's work as well.

I'm not sure to understand. Do you have problems with ALL your custom
charsets or only the big one of 4.3 Mo ? I'll look into it. 1) Can you tell
me what was the output from the console log tab ? 2) Did you see some
errors in Johnny ?

I have other issues on some session who are stoped at 20/30 % of the
> process in the default mode ( i know as John do usualy, = Single, Wordlist
> & incremental ) , i test it with fast hash ( raw-md5 without salts ) & easy
> pass/ guess, can be cracked quickly with incremental mode...( because i
> test on JTR - terminal before johnny.... but i need to test again with
> other hashes...before be sure is an real issue.... i will asap report once
> i finish my tests.

Yes, I'll appreciate your report about that.