Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:20:17 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Johnny v2.0 released!

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 9:36 PM, Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> wrote:
>
> I've still got the same "crash" as before on one machine, I wonder if
> it's related to some M$ redistributable version?
> I've got some other hardware I want to try it on, I'll use all the
> same files (direct copies) and see if the same happens.
> Is there a way I should debug this for you guys? The crash is very
> generic, and so far only when I "pause". Again I'll move it around to
> another PC and see if perhaps it's my AV or something else
> interfering.

Is this the JtR crash on stop/pause? If so then let's see the output of ./john -h | head -n1 first. Also the Cygwin version.

> One note: The "glowing" progress bar after an attack is stopped I feel
> is misleading, in that the "movement" gives me a feeling that an
> attack is still going. If the GIF or whatever those progress bars are
> could be stand-still type?

This is Windows's animated style for progress bars and we can't do much about it. I think Windows 8 and upwards parted ways with that. You're testing on Windows 7/Vista right?

Shinnok