Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 21:43:39 +0200
From: Frank Spierings <frank.spierings@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: How to obtain a hash - manually

A lot of the hash extraction tools don't always work. Incompatible PCAP's,
new versions of software, compilation of the tool fails, etc, etc... So I
figured, why not start with the bare minimum. Extract hashes as manually as
possible. Most of the time its hard to find out how to obtain the hash.
Reversing the original extraction tool is an option. Reading RFC's, which I
don't really enjoy.

So do you know how to obtain a certain type of hash, with a minimum of
tooling (e.g: Wireshark, gdb, hexeditor). Please let me know. I hope to
collect them and add them in something like this:
https://github.com/FrankSpierings/Get-Hash-Manual

Also, if you think my idea is stupid, don't hesitate to shoot it down. I
would, however, like to hear either good arguments why it is stupid, or
hear a better solution.

Thanks!