Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:43:37 +0200
From: Wookie the Ripper <wookietheripper@...kies.de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Wordlist with long word length

Hello!

I am trying to run a wordlist attack on a KeePass container with a long
passphrase (= aroung 70 chars). As I know most of the characters my
manually created wordlist has about 20.000 entries which should pose no
problem. Sadly the password is not recovered and a simple test showed
that jtr can't work with long words?

What do I need to do to increase the possible word list entry length?

Example:
- Create a sample password list test.lst with about 10 entries each
around 70 chars
- Create test.kdbx with one password from the list
- Extract password part with keepass2john test.kdbx test.txt
- Use John the Ripper on it: john -wordlist=test.lst test.txt
-> Sadly John the Ripper doesn't find the solution

Greetings
Wookie