Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 18:33:42 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bleeding jumbo now defaults to UTF-8

On 2015-05-22 16:48, Marek Wrzosek wrote:
> W dniu 22.05.2015 o 02:32, magnum pisze:
>> If you maintain several different versions of wordlists, in different
>> code pages, you can forget about them and just use one, in UTF-8, from
>> now on.
>>
> That's a great news! What is the simplest way to "repair" all.lst from
> Openwall?

I bet it's a mix of encodings so can't simply be converted. No tool in
the world will correctly guess each indivial line's encoding (I have
seen tools that try, but never one that was any good at it).

But all.lst is just a mix of all the separate smaller files. Ideally
each of them should be converted to UTF-8 (from whatever respective
codepage), and a new all_utf8.lst could then be created from this.

magnum