Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:37:35 +0100
From: Demian Smith <demian.smith@....de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Advise on best approach (truecrypt pw based on pdf
 file)

Hi Marek,
thanks for the support - the wordlist is not that big: the source was
102 kb, the resulting file is 105 MB. I am running

john --session=awk --wordlist=/home/demian/RAID/awk/w3
/home/demian/RAID/awk/recover && john --session=awk --rules=truncate
--wordlist=/home/demian/RAID/awk/w3 /home/demian/RAID/awk/recover &&
john --session=awk --rules=substring --wordlist=/home/demian/RAID/awk/w3
/home/demian/RAID/awk/recover

right now to see what happens. Afterwards I will cast the same spell
with --format=tc_ripemd160 and see does it help.

Afterwards I will summon my gaze upon markov, of which I had not heard
previously. But at least all this keeps me occupied and not all hope is
lost.

Thanks you very much,
Demian

 ★ On 15/05/17 07:00 p.m. Marek Wrzosek wrote ★