Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 19:58:26 +0100
From: Demian Smith <demian.smith@....de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: truecrypt_volume2john - full disk encryption support?

Hi guys,

can I get a quick word of advise, please - after my primary partition
failed (following a HDD firmware update on an encrypted HDD - obviously
doesn't work), I am trying to rescue as much as possible from my backup.
The backup is a full encrypted (truecrypt) external HDD, for which the
password had been saved - naturally - on the just failed disk.

The truecrypt disk cannot be mounted on a different system (apparently
the header is corrupt), so I am wondering, does truecrypt_volume2john
support fully encrpted whole disks or only volumes? I am currently running
1.8.0.2-bleeding-jumbo_mpi+omp [linux-gnu 64-bit SSE4.1-autoconf]
in case this would be relevant

thanks,