Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:46:57 -0500
From: Alex <mysqlstudent@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: sha512 with 1.7.9-jumbo-8-RC

Hi,

I have a fedora20 system and a few hundred passwords I'd like to
check. Can someone give me an idea of what to expect from hash speeds?

I'm running it on a E31240 3.3Ghz with these CPU flags

flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl
xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor
ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic
popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx lahf_lm ida arat epb pln pts
dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid xsaveopt

It's only processing a few hundred characters per second:

guesses: 0  time: 0:00:53:07 10.57% (ETA: Mon Jan 26 19:12:23 2015)
c/s: 398  trying: 39131

Is this to be expected or have I done something wrong?

Thanks,
Alex