Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 07:50:55 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bleeding-jumbo: make -j random opencl errors

On 12/18/2014 06:13 AM, Royce Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 7:14 AM, Frank Dittrich
>> Since people are very busy fixing bugs right now, make sure you have the
>> latest changes included (git pull origin), did a make distclean before
>> reproducing the error,
>
> I had been doing a make clean, but can do a make distclean instead.
> Whatever is best to reduce noise.

Usually a make clean is sufficient, make distclean will also remove
files that are generated by ./configure.
Looking into the Makefile (or Makefile.in, from which Makefile gets
generated), I see it also removes john.log from the run directory!
I think make distclean shouldn't remove john.log, and created a new
github issue for it:

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues/903

Frank