Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 06:24:29 -0900
From: Royce Williams <royce@...ho.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: bleeding-jumbo test fails at RAKP-opencl

Latest bleeding-jumbo fails at this writing with:

$ ./john --test --format=RAKP-opencl
OpenCL error (CL_INVALID_DEVICE) in file (common-opencl.c) at line (1918) -
(Error querying CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE)

I discovered this in a general test run.  All previous tests succeeded.
All non-GPU tests came first, and this one died in the middle of the GPU
tests.  No further tests are performed once this one dies.

The test system contains five GTX 970s, and I believe that the first device
is used during a --test run.  This is the first device:

Platform #0 name: NVIDIA CUDA
Platform version: OpenCL 1.1 CUDA 7.0.15
        Device #0 (0) name:     GeForce GTX 970
        Device vendor:          NVIDIA Corporation
        Device type:            GPU (LE)
        Device version:         OpenCL 1.1 CUDA
        Driver version:         346.22
        Native vector widths:   char 1, short 1, int 1, long 1
        Preferred vector width: char 1, short 1, int 1, long 1
        Global Memory:          3.0 GB
        Global Memory Cache:    208.2 KB
        Local Memory:           47.0 KB (Local)
        Max memory alloc. size: 1023.10 MB
        Max clock (MHz):        1316
        Profiling timer res.:   1000 ns
        Max Work Group Size:    1024
        Parallel compute cores: 13
        Stream processors:      1664  (13 x 128)
        Warp size:              32
        Max. GPRs/work-group:   65536
        Compute capability:     5.2 (sm_52)
        Kernel exec. timeout:   no