Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 18:01:49 -0900
From: Royce Williams <royce@...ho.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: PRINCE approach from hashcat

What's hashcat up to here?  I only skimmed the PDF briefly.

    https://hashcat.net/tools/princeprocessor/

Maybe the groundbreaking part is over my head, but it didn't
immediately spring out at me.

Page 35 of the PDF has this summary of operation:

• Load words from wordlist

• Store words in memory

• Generate element chains for each password length
– Reject chains that does include an element which points to a
non-existing password length

• Sort chained-elements by keyspace of the chain

• Iterate through keyspace (mainloop)
– Select the next chain of that password length
– Generate password with chain
– Print

Royce