Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 12:30:38 -0800
From: Dan Tentler <dan@...nlabs.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Cracking office documents

Hey Guys!

 So some of you may have heard, attackers have been leaking gigs and
gigs of sony data. Bad guys will be bad, but the good guys are
dissecting every iota of these things for analysis purposes, creating
new dictionaries etc etc.

Some of these files are password protected. I don't recall if jtr does
cracking of office document formats - I tried handing one to the the git
version of john from maybe a week ago and it thinks the crypto is
'whirlpool'.

Thoughts?

-Dan