Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 18:37:54 -0300
From: Nahuel Grisolia <nahuel.grisolia@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Palo Alto Networks Web Admin Console "phash"

Hi all! hope you're doing well!

I'm playing with a Palo Alto Networks device, and noticed that, at least for the Web Console, a "phash" type of hash algorithm.

I'm using JtR Bleeding Jumbo and it recognizes the hash, as an AIX-smd5, AIX LPA, modified crypt-md5. However, as I know the password, I tried it with a dictionary with my password in there, but It didn't crack it, thus I believe that the format is not correct.

Any thoughts? Have you ever tried to crack this type of passwords?

thanks!

Nahu.-

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (496 bytes)