Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 01:46:16 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John the Ripper v1.8.0.2-bleeding-jumbo-2014-09-28
 for windows is available on the custom-builds wiki page

On 2014-10-03 01:07, Robert Harris wrote:
> John the Ripper v1.8.0.2-bleeding-jumbo-2014-09-28 compiled for Windows
> (both 32bit and 64bit) is available on the custom-builds wiki page

Thanks. Just for the record, exactly what version (commit hash) did you
use from GitHub? This is important to know if/when we find and correct a
bad bug.

I'm afraid this version (just assuming from Sep 28 in the filename)
likely have an immature version of Sayantan's new, faster, mask mode. It
entered the scene in Sep 24 and still isn't 100% stable as of now (we
have a resume problem with node/fork and still regression testing other
things) so there's no point in updating it yet though. We should have a
good version within a day or two. Sorry 'bout that!

magnum