Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 19:09:50 -0400
From: "Robert Harris" <rs904c@...scape.net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Having trouble uploading to the wiki

Hi Alex,

Bottom line, it failed again.

Here are the specifics

I go to here to upload, as always:
http://openwall.info/wiki/lib/exe/mediamanager.php?ns=john&edid=wiki__text

I attempt to upload the following file:
John-the-Ripper-v1.8.0.2-bleeding-jumbo-2014-09-28-Win-x32.zip (38,447,718
bytes)

It counts up to 100% percent for the first time, then it again counts up to
100% percent.
Then is shows failed.

(Why does it count twice?  I don't remember it doing that before.)

I've tried this with two different browsers, and get the error.

There are only two thing I can think of is that maybe I'm hitting some size
limit or maybe the name is too long.
Is there really a 50 M bit file limit, or is it less than advertised?

So, I made a copy of the above file and renamed it test.zip.  I attempted to
upload this file. I get two 100%, then the failed error.

Also the upload speed seems a little slow, I've got a pretty good upload
speed.

-Robert B. Harris from VA.