Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 01:25:39 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: EC2 g2.2xlarge

On 2014-09-15 22:26, David wrote:
> I apologize in advance as I’m kind of stabbing in the dark, but looking a little closer today, here is what I get:
>
> $ ./configure NVIDIA_CUDA=/opt/nvidia/cuda/

> Looking through the configure output it looks like it also doesn’t know where to find cl.h, which in this case lives at /opt/nvidia/cuda/include/CL/

Off the top of my head you do it just right. Not sure what ends up
wrong. After running configure, you could verify/edit the generated
Makefile. With your invocation it should already contain
"-I/opt/nvidia/cuda/include" and that should be enough.

> How do I tell the configure script (or edit the Makefile) so it knows where to find cl.h?  I’m guessing I also need to tell it somehow to look in /usr/lib64/ for the libstdc++.so.6 file mentioned below?

>> /usr/bin/ar: creating aes.a
>> /usr/bin/ld: cuda_common.o: undefined reference to symbol '__gxx_personality_v0@@CXXABI_1.3'
>> /usr/bin/ld: note: '__gxx_personality_v0@@CXXABI_1.3' is defined in DSO /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
>> /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
>> make[1]: *** [../run/john] Error 1
>> make: *** [default] Error 2

I believe it does find libstdc++.so.6 but doesn't quite like it? Sorry,
I have no idea.

magnum