Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:51:52 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OMP & Compilation issues on OSX

On 2014-07-22 22:02, newangels newangels wrote:
> I just take a look on the how to, in the /DOC/INSTALL about "Optimal Build
> on OSX", on the last part i read ;
>
>   4. Link whatever gcc version you got from Homebrew to just "gcc" in the
>       /usr/local/bin directory. This example is for gcc-4.7:
>          ln -s gcc-4.7 /usr/local/bin/gcc
>    5. Make sure /usr/local/bin preceeds /usr/bin in your $PATH
>

> For N° 4 , it hink i am ok with & understand, about link ggc to
> /usr/local/bin
>
> For N° 5 i think i have a problem,
>
> I check my PATH in terminal & got :
>
> pc2:~ xxx$ echo "$PATH"
> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin
>
> If follow & understand your advices, you say /usr/Local/bin have to
> "Preceeds", in my case is not !
>
> May this fact can cause me some troubles or any issues about ?

You probably have that path set in ~/.bash_profile or the like - just
change it and close/restart the terminal. Eg. if the original line is

	export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

change it to

	export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

Alternatively you can run configure like this:

	./configure CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc

You can even omit step 4 this way, eg.:

	./configure CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc-4.8

magnum