Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 16:07:02 -0700
From: Dennis Glatting <jtr@...2.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Possible bug in zip_fmt_plug.c, bleeding edge

I'm having problems ZIP cracking. I'm a relative newbie to the code.

I am using a word list of two words and a converted ZIP file (i.e.,
zip2john) of one hash. One of the two words was used to encrypt the hash
file.

Words:

root@...ha:~ # cat /root/words
password
passwords

root@...ha:~ # cat /root/test.passwd
test.zip:$zip
$*0*3*2201e155a861fbd6161e343b3f686f12*b59a:::::/tmp/test.zip

Prior to running my word list against my hash, JTR runs test code using
the data structure "zip_tests". Zip_tests by virtua of the get_salt()
function sets the global variable "passverify" however that variable IS
NOT reset to the check word of my hash (b59a). Consequently, I am unable
to verify my hash against my word list.

Specifically, I run:

root@...ha:~ # ../run/john --wordlist=/root/words /root/test.passwd

Clue to fix, please.