Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 00:53:57 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to print number of guesses with patch 0027

On 2014-06-30 21:13, Shiva Houshmand wrote:
> What option should I use when running john the ripper to be able to print
> out the number of guesses made. I know that the 0027 patch was printing out
> the number of guesses. And it seems like that this patch is part of the
> Jumbo version now (I'm using 1.7.9-Jumbo-7), but when I use the
> -crack-status option it only prints out the number of cracked passwords (I
> think patch 0012). Is there any option I should use to enable patch 0027?Is
> this still part of the Jumbo?

There is no command-line option but you can set the john.conf option
"StatusShowCandidates = Y".

In 1.7.9-jumbo-7 the figure is "words x hash" combinations so if you are
attacking 1000 hashes, "43210" means you have tried about 43 words from
your wordlist. In bleeding-jumbo the figure is actual words tried
regardless of number of hashes or salts.

magnum