Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 18:42:59 +0100
From: Pierre-Alexandre Adamopoulos <papada911@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: John the Ripper Issues

Hi there,

I run OS X 10.9.3 on a late-2011 17-inch macbook pro.

Today I purchased the pro version of JtR from the openwall website, and I have come across a couple of issues. Before addressing those, I’ll let you know that my knowledge of the terminal is as basic as it gets, but I learn fast :)

My issues:

First of all, I read that the pro version came with a wordlist of over 4 million words and 20+ languages, but I seem to only have a basic list.

Secondly, when I run John, and the terminal pops up, I type John (as per instructions) followed by the path to a file I want to crack (a password protected zip file). The terminal then says: No password hashes loaded. I’ve been looking it up everywhere, and every process I find to solve the issue doesn’t work either.

Thanks for all the help you can give me,

Pierre