Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:02:11 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Jumbo just got autoconf

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 7:14 AM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> Something like this should also work (but ldconfig still needs the fix per
> below) and would be a more normal invocation of ./configure:
>
> ./configure --enable-mpi CC=/usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/mpicc
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64/openmpi/lib

The above doesn't work for me, the previous command does:
"/usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/mpiexec ./configure --enable-mpi &&
/usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/mpiexec make -s"

>> Then john must be run with:
>> /usr/lib64/openmpi/bin/mpiexec ./john
>

> To fix that you probably just need to add /usr/lib64/openmpi/lib (or
> something like that, check what's there) to your /etc/ld.so.conf and run
> ldconfig.
I'm using Fedora 20, 32-bit (because that's why), so the only
difference is /lib/ vs /lib64/ for me.
What can be done to make autoconf look in the right places? Or what is
the best solution to this? I've also got a Kali (aka debain) install
that is even more funky that fedora.
The error is "No MPI compiler found"
-rich