Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 09:20:00 +0200
From: "-.-PhanTom-.-" <phantom@...uribox.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: [Suspected Junk Mail] JTR rules
 log?

On 17-04-2014 23:29, magnum wrote:
> On 2014-04-17 22:43, -.-PhanTom-.- wrote:
>> On 15-04-2014 23:07, magnum wrote:
>>> To get it more exact than that, we'd need to sacrifice performance.
>>> And actually I did add such an option to Jumbo years ago. With some
>>> (or a lot of) performance penalty, you can get a 1:1 mapping in the
>>> log file using the option "--mkpc=1". You probably also want to set
>>> LogCrackedPasswords=Y in john.conf.
>>
>> Where do I use the option "--mkpc=1"? as a commandline parameter or is
>> it something that is done when compiling?
>
> It's a command line option if you have a recent enough version of
> Jumbo. I think it was there in latest release. Try "./john
> --list=hidden-options" for an extra usage blob.
>
> magnum

Hi

I am using "John the Ripper password cracker, ver: 1.7.9-jumbo-5_omp
[win32-cygwin-x86-sse2i]" (off the openwall site) but nothing happens
when I try to list the hidden options: Unknown option:
"--list=hidden-options"
And the switch --mkpc=1 does not do as you mentioned it would.

Regards
-.-PhanTom-.-