Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 21:51:20 -0400
From: Michael Ledford <mledford@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Reward for saving my 15 years of photos

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear you haven't made much progress with the password.

One thing I've wondered is if you were running Mavericks on the machine
that had the Time Machine drive attached. In particular I'm wondering if
you turned on iCloud Keychain syncing. If so the keychain item for your
disk should have synced back, assuming you enabled iCloud and keychain
syncing, to your new computer.

You can look by opening up Keychain Access.app and looking for a password
item that has the same name as the drive and the kind is "encrypted volume
password".

I'm sure you've already checked but just in case you haven't it's worth
looking.

Cheers,
Michael