Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:24:44 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Help - mpi ocl restore session

On 2014-03-09 18:49, Anthony Tanoury wrote:
>>> But starting an opencl session fails on both remote computers. Here is the error message:
>>>
>>> Last login: Sat Mar  8 20:05:33 2014 from ub0
>>> tony@ub2:~$ sh ~/PSKs/john/SSHGPU.sh
>>> [ub2:06117] *** Process received signal ***
>>> [ub2:06117] Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
>>> [ub2:06117] Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
>>> (...)
>>
>> Ignore MPI until this is solved. If you can't run john on the nodes, you can't expect to have them working under MPI.
>>
>> What is the content of that shell script?
>
> cd /home/tony/bleeding-jumbocl/run/
>
> ./john - -form:wpapsk-opencl -dev=cpu --wordlist=rockyou.txt --rules jtr.hccap
>
>   If I  ssh into the remote computers and enter the above command lines, I'll get that segment fault.
>
>   If I  enter this command line instead, (without the -opencl) everything runs just fine.
>
> ./john - -form:wpapsk -dev=cpu --wordlist=rockyou.txt --rules jtr.hccap
>
> Does that indicate an opencl problem??

There's a problem somewhere alright. Does a --test run with
wpapsk-opencl work OK? What is the output of "john --list=opencl-devices"?

Are you using OpenCL with CPUs only? In most cases, an OpenMP enabled
build (and just using the non-opencl formats) will be better, combining
MPI and OMP. You need to set MPIOMPmutex=N in john.conf for that.

magnum