Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 16:44:36 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Help - mpi ocl restore session

On 2014-03-09 16:18, Anthony Tanoury wrote:
>> So are you sure that node has the same view of directories and NFS as the other have?
>> What if you ssh into that missing node, can you see its session file and log somewhere there?
>> Or if you start a non-MPI opencl session on that node, using the same format, input files,
>> mode and so on - does it work fine? You might want to add --verb=5 to get more output than usual.
>
> Yes, I can ssh into the same directories and see all files.

What do you mean "all files"? What about the missing ones?

> But starting an opencl session fails on both remote computers. Here is the error message:
>
> Last login: Sat Mar  8 20:05:33 2014 from ub0
> tony@ub2:~$ sh ~/PSKs/john/SSHGPU.sh
> [ub2:06117] *** Process received signal ***
> [ub2:06117] Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
> [ub2:06117] Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
> (...)

Ignore MPI until this is solved. If you can't run john on the nodes, you
can't expect to have them working under MPI.

What is the content of that shell script?

> I can ssh into the directory of version 1.8.0.2-bleeding-jumbo_mpi [linux-x86-64-native] and run an mpi session just fine.
>
> Can you point me in the right direction to fix this?

I'm not sure I understand your problem and some of your wordings are not
helping. For example, you say twice here that you "ssh into a
directory". Such statements leave me guessing what you really did.

Once you can ssh to each host and succesfully run john, you should be
able to start an MPI job using all of them - as long as all nodes and
the master have the same view of the working directories. There's
nothing more to it.

magnum