Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 08:45:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Anthony Tanoury <tanoury@...oo.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Help - mpi ocl restore session

Hi magnum!

> On Sat, 3/8/14, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Re: [john-users] Re: Help - mpi ocl restore session
>  To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
>  Date: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 4:47 AM
>
>  On 2014-03-08 04:59, Anthony Tanoury
>  wrote:
>  > Also, the john.rec files on each computer are updated
>  each time I do a
>  > "pkill -USR1 mpirun" and look good.
>
>  Are all nodes using the very same (eg. NFS) working
>  directory as well as john/run directory? They must. You
>  can't simply copy the john binary to each node and expect it
>  to work.

Yes.  all nodes are using the very same working directory as well as john/run directory?
I compiled john on each computer from the .tar.gz

>For example, after aborting a session, you should
>  see this on your master node:
>
>  $ l sesname.*
>  -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   136B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.rec
>  -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   139K Mar  8 10:38 sesname.log
>  -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   137B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.4.rec
>  -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   137B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.3.rec
>  -rw-------  1 magnum  staff   135B Mar  8 10:38 sesname.2.rec

I only get this on the master node, I'm missing one:

sesname.log
sesname.rec
sesname2.rec

>  ...and in that one log file, all nodes' log messages can be
>  seen (prepended with node number). Maybe this is your
>  problem?

Yes, only 2 nodes (1,2) are shown prepended in the log file.
I'm missing one node!

>  Easy fix then!

How do I fix it??

>  Maybe this should be documented more