Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 09:28:43 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Intel HD Graphics

It seems Intel *still* doesn't provide OpenCL drivers for Linux
supporting their "HD Graphics" integrated GPUs. That's remarkably silly.

But fox OSX they work fine after the recent Mavericks 10.9.2 upgrade.
Many driver problems were fixed and some fixes I made once I got proper
compiler warnings cured the rest except:

DEScrypt (segfaults during kernel build)
keyring (segfaults during benchmark)
Raw-SHA256, Strip and SXC (fails self-test)

Both generations are comparable with laptop GPUs, at best: The HD
Graphics 4000 is mediocre even in that context but HD Graphics 5000
(Iris) is twice as fast and outperforms my GT 650M with several formats.
So for a pen-test laptop, a HD Graphics 5000 isn't that bad. And you can
run CPU and GPU simultaneously for that matter (on a side note you can't
run a (mobile) discrete GPU and an integrated one at the same time. The
hardware simply doesn't support it).

magnum