Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:13:21 -0800
From: Dan Tentler <dan@...nlabs.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: need to find a way to crack passwords with 16 to
 20 length

To this end I've often wondered myself if there was a way to use a
wordlist as a charset, meaning to target passphrases versus words
I work for a pentesting company and I'm often found needing a way to
crack very long passwords that are built using words.
Company name, days of the week, phrases used around the office etc, all
strung together, sometimes with symbols separating words, capitals, and
numbers tossed on the end of the string.
>From a purely entropy standpoint it outwardly seems like it would be
'less work', but I haven't figured out a easy way to do it.

So I'm all ears :)

-Dan