Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:59:39 +0100
From: newangels newangels <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to use Wordlists with John The Ripper

Hi,

Ok, to clarify some things ;

1/ first ; I didn't want to offense you, in the case i do i
appologize, i just be a little bit "rude" front the first question

I agreed, any one can ask & got the reply he expected & wait about.

But i personaly be in the same configuration than you more than 17
years a go & i didn't find anyone ( in this century.....today is
better i agreed ) who help me, + without speaking a word of English.
At this time, seem the "cracking scene" is composed by Elite guy's
only....

After a ton on brain storming & help crying to a lot of ppl, the
Answer's be allways near my eyes, so i read & finaly practice & read &
practice & that worked as well...

Time change & today is more open mind & Knowledges sharing & i am
happy to see that....

So, without any "rude" volonty, & again trust me = all the question
you can have are already in the doc folder.

Regards,

Don

Ps: to reply to your last error message :

FIRST = the wordlist have to be on the SAME folder than "John" OR you
have to fill the path where the file are, but generaly put the WL on
the same folder...& for sure the Hashes list also !

Now , your command :

john password_sha1.txt -w=password.lst
stat: password_sha1.txt: No such file or directory

& like other guy's say uper :

./john -w=MyWordList.txt MyHashList.txt

-w = is the option you past to say to John to use wordlist MODE, but
this syntax can be plain = --wordlist=

For sha1 hashes, & if john dond't regonized them ( in your case he
just run LM format who are not the format of the hashes you exepcted
to crack), just force the syntax by = --format=raw-sha1

also, just type "./john" to get all the avaible option & help