Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 01:05:58 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Enhance john.local.conf to allow redefining individual
 john.conf options

On 2014-01-05 18:07, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> I'd like to be able to redefine (part of) what has been defined in
> john.conf.
>(...)
> What do you think? Is this too complicated/too confusing for users?
> Do I miss something?
> Will we provide users just one more way to shoot themselves into their feet?

For now tldr but iirc we do have a problem in that things in
john.local.conf will NOT over-rule existing entries in john.conf and NO
warning is printed about that situation. I think preferred behavior *is*
to override, with no warning to screen but one in the log.

Maybe that just applies to parts of what you brought up.

magnum