Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 02:15:55 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: jumbo's pkzip format fails on ChristmasGIFts.zip

Jim, magnum -

I've just tested bleeding-jumbo's zip2john and the pkzip format on:

http://code.google.com/p/corkami/
http://corkami.googlecode.com/files/ChristmasGIFts.zip

Surprisingly, it failed to crack the password, even though the password
is trivial (I've even "cracked" it manually).  I think zip2john might be
confused by the very first entry in the .zip file being a directory, or
it could be some other issue.

Jim - would you be able to look into this?

Thanks,

Alexander

P.S. Yes, I think this is a topic for john-users rather than john-dev
unless we start discussing source code snippets in detail.  I expect
this will result in a trivial fix getting committed and announced in a
followup posting.