Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 23:43:58 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: problem with john-cuda and osx

On 22 sep 2013, at 23:34, Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com> wrote:
> 2013/9/22 luka <mrfsrf@...il.com>:
>> hi,
>> thx for help, but which newly compiled version (macos-x86-64-opencl i get:
>>
>> $ ./john --format=wpapsk-opencl --test
>> OpenCL platform 0: Apple, 2 device(s).
>> Using device 1: GeForce 8800 GT
>> Compilation log: Error getting function data from server
>> Error building kernel. Returned build code: -11. DEVICE_INFO=130
>
> Could you please try the same with our latest code from github?
> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tree/bleeding-jumbo

Right, the problem is that 1.7.9-Jumbo-7 doesn't work around the quirks of the crappy Apple driver. The git version does, at least for wpapsk-opencl (and it's better in many other aspects too).

Get a snapshot tarball here if you don't speak git:
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tarball/bleeding-jumbo

magnum