Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 14:09:09 -0500
From: Shia Aaron Lloyd Fisher <shia0fisher@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: assistance dmg2john.py RE: encrypted / unmounted dmg partitions

Hello,

First Question; Situation:

1.) I encrypted a partition on my MAC OS X 10.7.5 internal Hard Drive.
   the other partition contains the startup and is not encrypted
2.) I cannot seem to authenticate my password (leads me to think I fat
thumbed)
:. I cannot remember my password
3.) per the internet's advice I have looked into dmg2john and am attempting
to run dmg2john.py against my forgotten drive

PROBLEM:
If it is not mounted, it displays no logical path, I can only see the
identifier name. What syntax should I use in Terminal to run dmg2john.py
agains my dmg stored in "Apple_CoreStorage  150.2 GB   disk0s4"?

I appreciate any type of support, even if it is just helping me rewrite the
question, as I cannot be sure my terminology is accurate.

Thanks fam!

--
SFisher
*"Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful"*