Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:44:03 +0200
From: Marc Brinkmann <marc.brinkmann@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with Session restore

hmmmm, so here are my new findings...
i copied the hash-file and rec-file to another path.
then i deleted everything from JohnTheRipper/run

then i pulled recent gut, went into src and ran
~$ make clean
~$ make clean linux-x86-64-native

It works flawlessly.

"make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/support/JohnTheRipper/src'
All done"

then i copy the hash and rec file, back into the run folder and try to
resume.

but now the $JOHN/john.ini is missing :/

I checked, if all needed packets are still installed, but they are
~$ sudo apt-get install git-core libssl-dev libgsf-1-dev mpich2 libpcap-dev

any idea, why a build with OMP is not compiled anymore?

i also think, there are less files in /run, than before...
~/JohnTheRipper/run$ ls
calc_stat  genmkvpwd  hccap2john    %OFFICEFILE%.xlsx  john.local.conf
keepass2john   keyring2john  mkvcalcproba  pfx2john    pwsafe2john
rar2john  SIPdump   tgtsnarf               uaf2john  undrop  unshadow
wpapcap2john
dmg2john   gpg2john   %HASHFILE%.txt  john     john.rec
keychain2john  kwallet2john  mozilla2john  putty2john  racf2john
raw2dyna  ssh2john  truecrypt_volume2john  unafs     unique  vncpcap2john
zip2john

~/JohnTheRipper/run$ ./john --restore
fopen: $JOHN/john.ini: No such file or directory

Regards
Marc