Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:33:25 +0200
From: Marc Brinkmann <marc.brinkmann@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Adding more "Nodes" to MPI Session

Hmm, maybe i was a bit to optimistic.
Also my questions are no more directly related to John, but git, i'll ask
them.
During Breakfast i tried to switch the branch, but i run into some trouble.
I don't use any other git-project, or any other SCM software, so i'm very
unexperienced here.

I just googled, how to branch / to switch to bleeding-jumbo.
located in JohnTheRipper-folder i ran
$ git branch bleeding-jumbo
$ git pull -> not sure anymore, i think some files were downloaded.
$ cd src/
$ make clean linux-x86-64-opencl -> format doesn't exist.
$ make -> there is no native, nor opencl, and if i compile
$ make clean linux-x86-64     and then
$ cd ../run
$ ./john --test --format=[office/office2010] if fails (i didn't run exactly
this command, i just want to show i run office and office2010 :) )
If i just
$ ./john --test it check very few formats, according to what i knew from my
open-cl build

I think i tried something more with checkout and branch, to return to my
previous ... setup, but i failed.
So i deleted the John folder and cloned it once again.

So my question is, how would i change to bleeding-jumbo branch so that i
can use break an office2010 password? thanks again =)
BR Marc