Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 22:16:26 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: make error with "linux-x86-64-opencl"

Hi,

What system are you running this on?  Is it a VM?  (If it is, then
you're most likely out of luck using a GPU from it anyway.)

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 12:39:40AM +0800, zirong wrote:
> I got an error when compile with "linux-x86-opencl",like:
>
> DES_fmt.c:1:error: -march=(native) incorrectness
>
> the src version is JohnTheTipper-bleeding-jumbo

The Subject on this message says "linux-x86-64-opencl", but in the quote
above it is "linux-x86-opencl".  The error message is similar to what
gcc could have produced, but is not exactly it.  We can't help you if
you continue like that.  Please start including verbatim commands and
their outputs - use copy and paste into the e-mails you send, do not
retype anything.  Also, please include the output of these commands:

gcc -v
uname -a
cat /proc/cpuinfo

Alexander