Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 10:57:46 -0400
From: Rafael Veras <rafaveguim@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Help with uppercase rule

After reading the documentation, I'm still left with some questions about
the following rule:

# Uppercase pure alphanumeric words
-c >2 !?X u Q M c Q u

1. What does !?X mean?

2. Why c (capitalize) is called after uppercase (u)? I thought capitalize
wouldn't have any effect after uppercase.

3. Why is uppercase called once again in the end?

I guess I am missing something about the Q and M commands that occur in
between.

Thanks,

--

*Rafael Veras*