Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 01:39:07 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com,
 T E <tobias2esc@...oo.com>
Subject: Re: issues with mpirun

On 2 May, 2013, at 20:29 , T E <tobias2esc@...oo.com> wrote:
> I modified the Makefile in the src-folder in such a way that those lines necessary for mpi and omp are uncommented:
>
> ## For experimental MPI_Abort support, add -DJOHN_MPI_ABORT too.
> CC = mpicc -DHAVE_MPI
> MPIOBJ = john-mpi.o
>
> OMPFLAGS =
> # gcc with OpenMP
> OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp
> OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp -msse2
>
> I compile with the flag "linux-x86-64", and there are no errors at compile-time.

You did it right as far as stated here. Did you "make clean" after editing Makefile though?

> mpirun -n 4 ./john hash.txt
>
> Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (Raw MD5 [128/128 SSE2 intrinsics 12x])
> Remaining 1 password hashes with no different salts
> Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (Raw MD5 [128/128 SSE2 intrinsics 12x])
> Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (Raw MD5 [128/128 SSE2 intrinsics 12x])
> Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (Raw MD5 [128/128 SSE2 intrinsics 12x])
> Remaining 1 password hashes with no different salts
> Remaining 1 password hashes with no different salts
> Remaining 1 password hashes with no different salts
> Node 0@pc: Crash recovery file is locked: ./john.rec
> Node 0@pc: Crash recovery file is locked: ./john.rec
> Node 0@pc: Crash recovery file is locked: ./john.rec

> Does anyone has an idea why I have these issues with mpirun & john?

The output clearly indicates that you are in fact not running an MPI-build of John. If this is not a "make clean" issue, I have no idea why. Are you sure you are actually running the very binary that you were building?

magnum