Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 22:07:47 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Fwd: 'close' to getting opencl working

I have hit magnum up with this (offlist), and am not getting things to work.  I thought I would bring this to the entire list, and beg for knowledge ;)

I have a VirutualBox VM with 12.10 ubuntu x64.  I have given it 6 cores, 100%, with 2gb memory (I could up that if needed). I just installed the latest CPU OpenCL version, from the intel site.  I have gotten a test box OpenCL program working (was in my original post to magnum.  I can not get any tests or runs to see any OpenCL devices. But the -list=opencl-devices does show it is installed.  Things built/linked perfectly.

Is there anyone out there that can help?   This is the first that I have installed or worked with any of the GPU inside of JtR, so it is new to me.

Here is some output of the OpenCL build:

$ ../run/john -list=opencl-devices
Platform #0 name: Intel(R) OpenCL
Platform version: OpenCL 1.2 LINUX
	Device #0 (0) name:	Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
	Device vendor:		Intel(R) Corporation
	Device type:		CPU (LE)
	Device version:		OpenCL 1.2 (Build 56860)
	Driver version:		1.2
	Global Memory:		1.0 GB
	Global Memory Cache:	256.2 KB
	Local Memory:		32.0 KB (Global)