Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 18:29:08 +0200
From: "Jeroen" <jeroen@...sman.net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Problem with keepass2john and KeePass 2.x kdbx

Hi list,

I've encountered a problem using keepass2john and a KeePass 2.x kdbx. This
is what I tried:

- Download portable KeePass, version used is 2.20.1 (KeePassLibC 1.24, KDBX
XML 2.20.1) and start it.
- Create a new database, master password = 'test, save and exit.
- Download (git clone) and compile the latest JtR from
<https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper>.
- "./keepass2john NewDatabase.kdbx".

An error message is shown:
"! NewDatabase.kdbx : parsing failed, please open a bug if target is valid
KeepPass database."

I think that it's easy to reproduce the problem using the steps above.
However just to make sure I've attached the kbdx I've created. If additional
information is required please let me know! Thanks.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Download attachment "NewDatabase.kdbx" of type "application/octet-stream" (2078 bytes)