Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:56:35 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: generating passwords candidates longer than 8
 characters using incremental attack

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:48 AM, JohnyKrekan <krekan@...nykrekan.com> wrote:
> Hello, thanx for suggestions so I can experiment.
> Since I am Delphi/FPC based: what compiler I need to compile John under
> Windows: Visual CPP or GCC?
As far as I know, compiling John on windows requires Cygwin. There is
a MinGW make target, but it doesn't work for me the last time I tried
it on the Jumbo build. I'm not sure what you need to compile on
Delphi/FPC (is that a mac? if so JtR should compile fine).
Modify the prarms.h file in SRC then have a look at the make targets,
type make :)
make
To build John the Ripper, type:
        make clean SYSTEM
where SYSTEM can be one of the following:
([i] is an optional letter for pre-built intrinsics, eg. -sse2i vs -sse2):
linux-x86-64-avx         Linux, x86-64 with AVX (2011+ Intel CPUs)
linux-x86-64-xop         Linux, x86-64 with AVX and XOP (2011+ AMD CPUs)
linux-x86-64[i]          Linux, x86-64 with SSE2 (most common)
linux-x86-64-icc         Linux, x86-64 compiled with icc
linux-x86-64-clang       Linux, x86-64 compiled with clang
etc...

On windows I make:
make clean win32-cygwin-x86-sse2i

within the cygwin shell naturally.