Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 09:33:01 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Dynamic primitives (was: WebEdition CMS)

On 30 Sep, 2012, at 17:49 , NeonFlash <psykosonik_frequenz@...oo.com> wrote:
> From: NeonFlash <psykosonik_frequenz@...oo.com>
> So, I read further into the documentation in the path: doc/DYNAMIC.txt and noticed that the below 2 function primitives (which you are using in dynamic_1011) are not present:
>
> DynamicFunc__crypt_md5
> DynamicFunc__crypt_md5_in2_to_out1
>
> I guess, as a result of this, it fails while parsing the List.Generic:dynamic_1011 section in john.ini
>
> I am using 1.7.9-jumbo-5 [win32-cygwin-x86-sse2i]
> Ok, so I installed the latest version of JtR (jumbo community release) on Linux and it works now :)
>
> So, the function primitives are missing for Windows Platform :)

It's not missing on Windows, it's missing in Jumbo-5. Actually it's not even missing but Jim renameed it (from just DynamicFunc__crypt) between Jumbo-5 and Jumbo-6 because DynamicFunc__crypt_md4 was added (in hindsight, it was a fundamentally Bad Idea[tm] to rename primitives. I did not spot that in time to stop it).

magnum