Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 12:33:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Christian Kujau <lists@...dbynature.de>
To: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
cc: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: invalid parameter combination for AltiVec intrinsic

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 at 19:56, magnum wrote:
> I reported the issue to Solar and he replied here:
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2012/09/08/6
>
> Working issue#82 link here:
> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues/82

Ah, there it is! Thanks, with both the sboxes-s.c and DES_bs_b.c patch
applied, compiling for linux-ppc32-altivec works.

Since the patches were all mangled in the Github issue tracker, I attached
the patch to this email.

Thanks again,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #141:

disks spinning backwards - toggle the hemisphere jumper.
View attachment "jtr_altivec.diff" of type "TEXT/x-diff" (68224 bytes)