Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 21:04:12 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with AMD and recent Patch

On 8 Nov, 2012, at 20:42 , Marc Brinkmann <marc.brinkmann@...il.com> wrote:
> the new patch for wpapsk created the same "Error" like i experience on
> Office20XXopencl.

> marc@...berd ~/JohnTheRipper/run $ ./john --test --format=wpapsk-opencl
> OpenCL platform 0: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, 2 device(s).
> Using device 0: Juniper
>
> Speicherzugriffsfehler

Thanks for the input. Speicherzugriffsfehler is German for segfault. I think you are saying you applied the WPA-PSK patch that was posted to john-dev yesterday. If you use the latest git version instead (workaround committed an hour ago or so) you will hopefully get WPA-PSK running, please try that and report back. If this works I'll have a look at office2010 later, looking for similar triggers of that driver bug. How about office2007 and office2013, do they pass self-test?

You can download a git snapshot tarball here:
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tarball/unstable-jumbo

magnum