Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 14:35:33 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com, NeonFlash <psykosonik_frequenz@...oo.com>
Subject: Re: WebEdition CMS

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 12:37 PM, NeonFlash
<psykosonik_frequenz@...oo.com> wrote:
> I noticed that there is no implementation of a hashing algorithm used in
> WebEdition CMS yet. You can download the sourcecode from here:
> The salted version will use the username as a salt. The algorithm becomes:
>
> md5($p,md5($s))
>
> Currently in JtR, the closest match I was able to find for this algorithm type is: dynamic_9
>
> ./john --subformat=LIST
>
> Format = dynamic_9   type = dynamic_9: md5($s.md5($p))
>
> However, the salt and usernames are reversed. Would it be possible to implement it?

Can you post some sample hashes along with passwords?

Does the attached patch work against real hashes?

Jim,

Is the attached patch correct? (I don't understand dynamic format!).

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

Download attachment "webcms.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (1004 bytes)