Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:20:34 +0200
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Library for manipulating rules

I am writing a library for manipulating mangling rules in Haskell. This
is very limited (and as been written while using it, so not too well
designed), but will be soon capable of converting (almost) all Hashcat
rules into JtR ones. What will probably be missing is Hashcat bitwise
and ASCII operations, but everything else should be emulated. A side
goal is simplifying the generated rules, but this is secondary.

Code is here :

https://github.com/bartavelle/manglingrules

On a related note, how do you write rules with spaces in them, such as
overstrike, insert or append ? Right now I am emulating this with Ax" "
and Dx. Also, how to append " with the A command ?