Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 12:05:36 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Is there any patch to crack MySQL Network auth?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:51:18PM -0500, Richard Miles wrote:
> I will send it to you via PM since it's data from a real system.

Thanks, although it would be a lot more useful to have a sample like
this on the list since I do not intend to implement the support myself
and since we need test vectors to include with the code anyway.  Would
you be able to produce at least two such samples that you could post?

Well, the algorithm is simple enough for us to generate test vectors
"manually", but it'd be more appropriate to use those generated by an
actual system.

Alexander