Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 03:00:14 +0200
From: Paul van Hoven <paul.van.hoven@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking Word files?

Thanks for the additional help. I finally again had the time to play a
little with office2john under ubuntu. As suggested by Solor I compiled
office2john with the following:

make clean linux-x86-64
make office2john

A small hint: I had to replace mktemp by mkdtemp in office2john.c in
order to get the file compiled.

Now I got a working binary in the run folder. I created a MS Office
2008 for Mac (Version 12.2.0) document encrypted it with the simple
password "password" and tried to decrypt it with office2john, this was
the result:

parallels@...ntu:~/Downloads/magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-47a6d4e/run$
./office2john
Usage: office2john OFFICE-2007-OR-2010-ENCRYPTED-FILE
parallels@...ntu:~/Downloads/magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-47a6d4e/run$
./office2john /media/psf/Home/Downloads/TestEncrypted.docx
/media/psf/Home/Downloads/TestEncrypted.docx : office2johntNuMqb: File exists
parallels@...ntu:~/Downloads/magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-47a6d4e/run$

So this might be due to fact that it is not a office 2007 or office
2010 file? I checked that in the file "password.lst" the password
"password" is contained and also the file "password.lst" is included
in the run folder.

So am I doing something wrong here?