Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 10:52:08 +0400
From: "Elijah [W&P]" <smarteam.support@...il.com>
To: john-users <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Elijah's writeup

A quick one :)

No fancy pants hardware - just an i5-2500.

About first 8 hours I was at work, without and opportunity to produce any
.pots so I was doing challenges and succeeded with sam and zip medium ones.

After getting home I launches some quick wordlists/rules checks on
different files, but mostly with fast hashes or with ones that was
limitable with -salts.

When KL posted the t-shirt hint - tried to check some hashes as a password
(md5 of top ones from cracked and so on), but failed to find anything but
those three from photo (one for each of the most slowest/valuable formats).
Was quite upset with this but then came the next hint from KL about the
length and I sorted our cracked list by length and tried to find if the
longest ones have something in common. There were some movie quotes but as
I get from IRC somebody already tried several. Getting a big list from IMDB
quotes was a task that I thought would take too much time so continued to
look for other options and there it was - citations from "pride and
prejudice". With a help from IRC we managed to get the wordlists done and
checked several lengths. Some other books was no so resultative (and yes,
we somehow missed The Lord of the Rings :).